Monday, March 3, 2014

What are you doing with the time you have?

A friend recently shared this video with me and I found it inspiring enough to pass along.  



I realized that my natural optimism was diminishing and with good reason; the activities that inspire me were lost within my monotonous routine of sleep, work, family, eat, clean, repeat.
So after watching this video...and seeing the jelly bean pile get smaller and smaller...I was reminded of a quote:
"Time is the coin of your life.  It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.  Be careful, lest you let other people spend it for you."  
Carl Sandburg used coins, ZEFrank1 used jelly beans, Days of Our Lives used the hourglass...whatever your metaphor, the message is the same: THIS IS IT. The past is gone, the present is now; you cannot gain more time and you might have less than you think.  
So make the right decisions.  Set your priorities.  And continually examine your time budget.

I took my own advice (hey, it's been known to happen) and came up with a list of a) clutter and b) passions. Since then, I have been trying to decrease my clutter while increasing my passions.

And if something on your passion list is intimidating you, seek help! Having only done private blogging, I was hesitant to start something bigger. I reached out to a friend who has an endless amount of creativity and who pushes me to push myself. She gave me the nudge I needed to quiet the negativity and the courage to embrace the idea wholeheartedly.  [You'll hear more from her, as she has agreed to be one of my first collaborators. :)]     

So if you have a dream and you are hesitating--GET ON IT!
Find a friend or family member who believes in you and get that kick you need.  Or post below and I'll give you one. ;) 
Because no one else will make your dreams come true. That is all on you, my friend.

So....
What are YOU doing with the time you have?

Make a clutter and passion list and let me know what's on yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment